- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts)
- 1 cup of chopped dried fruit (dates and/or figs)
- 1 cup of chopped dried fruit (cherries, cranberries, apricots)
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9-inch loaf pan and spread parchment paper at the bottom.
In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix well. Set aside. In another bowl, beat the eggs and stir in vanilla and maple syrup.
Add the chopped dried fruit and nuts into the flour mixture. Stir until nuts and fruit are well coated with flour. Stir in the egg mixture to the flour nut mixture until well combined. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, pressing the batter down with the back of a spoon. Bake in the preheated oven for about 60 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let it cool completely. Keep wrapped to maintain freshness. It lasts even longer when kept in the fridge.