- 2 pounds lamb shanks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or beef broth
- 1 1/2 Tbs. fresh cilantro leaves
Ingredients for Quinoa:
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped carrots
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed thoroughly in a sieve and drained well
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
Directions for Quinoa:In a large, deep fry pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil until a quinoa seed dropped into it sizzles upon contact.
Add the quinoa and cook, stirring, until the seeds are separate and golden, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and carrots cook for 3 minutes until fragrant. Add the water and salt.
Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium, cover and cook until the liquid is absorbed, 15 to 18 minutes.
Uncover and continue to cook until any excess moisture is cooked off, about 1 minute.
Transfer the lamb shanks and the quinoa to individual plates and garnish with the celantro. Serve immediately.