- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup cold water
- ½ cup broth from poached salmon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated onion
- dash of Tabasco
- ¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 pound finely flaked poached fresh salmon
- 1cup heavy cream
- Toast, tomatoes, boil egg, dill, salmon fish row, slice of lemon for serving
To cook poached salmon you need to put 1/2 cup of wine, 1/2 cup of water, dill, parsley and a few thin slices of yellow onion in a saute pan, and bring to a simmer on medium heat. Place salmon fillets, skin-side down on the pan. Cover. Cook 5-7 minutes or to desired done-ness. Do not overcook.
Soften the gelatin in the cold water in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the boiling broth from poached salmon and whisk the mixture slowly until the gelatin dissolves. Cool to room temperature.
Whisk in the mayonnaise, lemon juice, grated onion, Tabasco, paprika, salt, and dill. Stir to blend completely and refrigerate until the mixture begins to thicken slightly, about 20 minutes.
Fold in the finely flaked salmon. In a separate bowl, whip the cream until it is thickened to soft peaks and fluffy. Fold gently into the salmon mixture.
Transfer the mixture to a 6 to 8 prepared ramekins, or decorative mold. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Garnish with toast, tomatoes, boil egg, dill, salmon fish row.
Yield : 12 portions