- 6 cups homemade turkey broth
- 2 turkey legs, deboned, skinned and diced (about 4 cups meat)
- 1 Tbs. peanut oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 lb. fresh cremini mushrooms, halved if large
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbs. curry powder
- 3 tsp. minced fresh dill
- Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Directions for turkey stew:
In a large, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, warm the peanut oil. Add the onion and carrots and sauté until almost tender, about 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and curry powder and cook, stirring, until the onion is brown, about 4 minutes. Add the broth and turkey. Cover, increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Uncover, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the turkey are almost tender, about 30 minutes.
Add the mushrooms to the pan and simmer more, about 12 minutes. Season the stew with salt and pepper. Stir in the minced fresh dill. Ladle the stew into warmed bowls and serve immediately.
- 1 lb. slender green beans, trimmed
- 3 tbsp. hemp seeds
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh dill
- 2 Tbs. avocado oil
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. lemon zest
- coarse kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Bring a large pot three-fourths full of water to a boil. Add the green beans to the boiling water and cook until tender, 5 to 7 minutes; the timing will depend on their size. Drain.
In a large serving bowl, combine the hot beans, dill, avocado oil and salt and toss to mix. Set aside to cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
Use a peeler and make long broad strokes from pole to pole of the lemon. Avoid digging into the pith. Chop the zest into thin strips .
Just before serving, add the hemp seeds, lemon strips, lemon juice and a grind of pepper to the bean mixture and toss to mix. Serve the salad at room temperature. Serves 4.