- 3 chicken breast halves, about 1 1/2 lb. total, cooked (roasted)
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1 small red onion, diced (more for serving, optional)
- 1 large avocado, firm but ripe, pitted, peeled and diced (more for serving, optional)
- 3/4 lb. mushrooms of your choice
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices of Whole Grain Bread, toasted
In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large mixing bowl dice your chicken into 1/4 inch pieces. In a bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, the lemon juice, and scallions until blended and smooth. Fold in the chicken, and everything else. Mix together. Serve on the toasted bread.
It does not get any simpler, or delicious.