Bob’s Red Mill kicked off its second annual Spar for the Spurtle 2 Oatmeal Recipe Contest which invites home cooks and professional chefs alike to submit videos demonstrating a unique recipe that makes use of Bob’s Red Mill’s Steel Cut Oats – the World’s Best Oatmeal.
Three finalists will be flown to Portland, Oregon to compete in a live cook-off. The winner of the cook-off will then be sent on an all-expense-paid trip for 2 to Scotland to represent Bob’s Red Mill in the 19th annual Golden Spurtle World Porridge Making Championship!
The grand prize, includes the following:
- Round-trip airfare for two to Scotland to represent Bob's Red Mill at the 19th annual Golden Spurtle World Porridge Making Championship in October 2012
- Two nights' accommodations in Edinburg, three nights' accommodations in Carrbridge (for two)
- Rail transportation between Edinburgh and Carrbridge (for two)
- $2500 cash!
The deadline to submit your videos is July 20th, which is less than a week away. To help spark your creativity, the folks at Bob’s Red Mill have generously offered to do a giveaway! The first five readers who enter a video and then let me know, then you’re getting a prize pack filled with goodies from Bob's.
The prize pack from Bob’s Red Mill would include the following :
- Honey Oat Granola
- Cinnamon Raisin Granola
- Scottish Oats
- 7 Grain Pancake Mix
The rules are simple:
- Submit a video entry for the Spar for the Spurtle 2 Contest
- Leave a comment here to let me know you entered
The deadline to submit a video entry is July 20, 2012, this giveaway will end on July 19, 11:59 pm
Today I have a very simple eggplant recipe for Curried Fried Eggplant, eaten as the side dish for a healthy salad.
- 2-3 small eggplants, cut into slices about 7-10 mm thick, no need to peel
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- 3 Tbsp. breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
In the small bowl mix together breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and curry powered. Heat a little olive oil in a heavy pan. Dip the eggplant slices into the beaten egg mixture. Then cover slices thoroughly in a breadcrumbs mixture. Fry them till golden brown.
I served them with the white peach chutney (I will post the recipe for chutney later). Quick, easy and delicious!