- 1/2 medium head green cabbage,thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 3-4 small beets, peeled and grated
- 1/4 bunch scallions, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp dry roasted tomatoes
- 1 tsp dry dill
- sugar to taste (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
To make the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, sugar, dry roasted tomatoes, dry dill, pepper and salt. Whisk in the avocado oil. Set the dressing aside for about 10 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
In a bowl, combine the betts, carrots, cabbage, and scallions. Toss thoroughly to distribute the ingredients evenly. Add the dressing, toss and garnish with slices of beet.