Healthy and luscious this salad is great for light lunch. Garbanzo Beans is paired with garlic and other ingredients to make this tasty dish. This is a healthful, easy salad uses few ingredients, and will complement any meat or poultry dish if you serve it for dinner.
Note: If you are using garbanzo beans from a can drain them in a colander first and then rinse them with room-temperature water (rinsing helps reduce the sodium).
- 1 1/2 cup cooked garbanzo beans
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 green apple, peeled and shredded
- 1 Orange, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, minsed
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- fresh dill or other herb like parsley/cilantro
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. sunflower seed oil
- 1/2 lettuce (I used Boston lettuce)
To cook the garbanzo beans, soak the dried chickpeas overnight in cold water. Drain the garbanzo beans and put in a saucepan with enough cold water to cover generously. Bring to the boil over a high heat and cook for 10-15 minutes. Drain.
In a large bowl mix together all the vegetables, fruits, grains and seeds.
In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, sunflower seed oil, garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle over the salad, lightly toss the salad. Sprinkle fresh herbs on a top and serve.