My kale pesto made with an avocado and flaxseed oil. It took me only 5 minutes to prepare this tasty sauce. If you don't have pine nuts, you may use walnuts. Also, feel free to substitute olive oil for the flaxseed oil. This pesto recipe is vegan, dairy free and gluten free.
Note: You can keep the pesto in refrigerator for about 3-5 days.
Yields about 1 1/4 cups pesto
- 2 cups packed torn kale leaves, stems removed
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 4-5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flaxseed oil or extra-virgin olive oil (more if need it)
In a food processor, pulse the kale leaves in stages, until finely chopped. Add other ingredients and process until a thick sauce forms. Serve with your favorite pasta, sandwiches or as a sauce for a broiled fish.