- 1 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Generous pinch of sea salt
- Generous pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 5 carrots, about 1 lb. total, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 or 3 parsnips, about 1 lb. total, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 or 2 turnips, about 1 lb. total, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 large beets, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 5 large garlic cloves
- 3 Tbs. coarsely chopped fresh thyme
Preheat an oven to 500°F.
In a fry pan over medium heat, toast the curry powder, shaking the pan occasionally, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and immediately transfer the curry powder to a large bowl. Stir the oil, salt and pepper into the curry powder. Add the carrots, parsnips, turnip, beets and garlic, and toss to coat well.
Arrange the vegetables in a single layer on 1 or 2 rimmed baking sheets. Roast the vegetables, turning them once after 15 minutes, until they are just tender when pierced with a sharp knife, about 30 minutes.
Transfer the roasted vegetables to a warmed serving dish, sprinkle with the thyme and stir gently to combine. Serve immediately. Serves 4.