A simple Radish Salad.
- 5 radishes, sliced thin
- 1 cucumber, sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- kosher or sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- fresh parsley, minced
Slice radishes and cucumber in thin rings. Chop fresh parsley. Toss them in a bowl.
Mix lemon juice, olive oil, black and red pepper and salt. Drizzle this mixture on radishes and cucumbers rings and serve.
Mors is a refreshing drink made of berries. Though cranberries are the most traditional choice, any berry in season can be used. This version, made with cowberries, cherries and strawberries.
- 1 cup frosen cowberries (lingonberry, red huckleberry)
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 6-8 cups water
- 1/3 cup sugar (more or less, depending on your taste and the acidity of the berries)
- 1 cinnamon stick (optional)
Place the berries and water in a saucepan, bring to a boil, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
Pass the liquid through a chinois and return to the saucepan. Add the sugar and lemon juice, then bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, and remove from the heat. Let cool and refrigerate.