Mors is a refreshing drink made of berries. Though cranberries are the most traditional choice, any berry in season can be used. This version, made with cowberries, cherries, and strawberries.
Radish Salad and Berry Drink
- Ingredients For a Simple Radish Salad:
- 5 radishes, sliced thin
- 1 cucumber, sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- kosher or sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- fresh parsley, minced
- Ingredients For Mors Drink:
- 1 cup frozen cowberries (lingonberry, red huckleberry)
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 6-8 cups water
- 1/3 cup sugar (more or less, depending on your taste and the acidity of the berries)
- 1 cinnamon stick (optional)
Direction For a Simple Radish Salad:
Slice radishes and cucumber in thin rings. Chop fresh parsley. Toss them in a bowl.
Mix lemon juice, olive oil, black, and red pepper and salt. Drizzle this mixture on radishes and cucumbers rings and serve.
Directions For Mors Drink:
Place the berries and water in a saucepan, bring to a boil, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
Pass the liquid through a chinois and return to the saucepan. Add the sugar and lemon juice, then bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, and remove from the heat. Let cool and refrigerate.