Bob’s Red Mill kicked off its second annual Spar for the Spurtle 2 Oatmeal Recipe Contest which invites home cooks and professional chefs alike to submit videos demonstrating a unique recipe that makes use of Bob’s Red Mill’s Steel Cut Oats – the World’s Best Oatmeal.
The complete rules can be found here, but basically you submit a 3 minute video featuring your unique recipe using Bob’s Red Mill Steel Cut Oats. Last year’s winner was Merry Graham, whose winning entry was Black Bean Porridge Patties.
Three finalists will be flown to Portland, Oregon to compete in a live cook-off. The winner of the cook-off will then be sent on an all-expense-paid trip for 2 to Scotland to represent Bob’s Red Mill in the 19th annual Golden Spurtle World Porridge Making Championship!
The grand prize, includes the following:
- Round-trip airfare for two to Scotland to represent Bob’s Red Mill at the 19th annual Golden Spurtle World Porridge Making Championship in October 2012
- Two nights’ accommodations in Edinburg, three nights’ accommodations in Carrbridge (for two)
- Rail transportation between Edinburgh and Carrbridge (for two)
- $2500 cash!
How cool is it?
The deadline to submit your videos is July 20th, which is less than a week away. To help spark your creativity, the folks at Bob’s Red Mill have generously offered to do a giveaway! The first five readers who enter a video and then let me know, then you’re getting a prize pack filled with goodies from Bob’s.
The prize pack from Bob’s Red Mill would include the following :
- Honey Oat Granola
- Cinnamon Raisin Granola
- Scottish Oats
- 7 Grain Pancake Mix
The rules are simple:
- Submit a video entry for the Spar for the Spurtle 2 Contest
- Leave a comment here to let me know you entered
The deadline to submit a video entry is July 20, 2012, this giveaway will end on July 19, 11:59 pm