Cod used to be considered a cheap option, but it has been over fished and is now relatively scarce and a lot more expensive. It is a succulent fish with white flaky flesh and lends itself to most cooking methods.
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic gloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium red or white onion, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 1/2 lb. fresh cod,
- 1 cup clam juice
- 3 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- chopped scallions and parsley to serve
In a large deep saucepan, heat the olive oil and pan-fry the garlic and onion for one minute over a medium heat. Add carrots and yellow pepper and cook a little more for about 5 minutes. Cut fresh cut into large chunks. Add cod and parsley to the pan with vegetables. Pour in clam juice and lemon juice. Add seasonings. Return to the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, until the cot is tender. Serve in warm bowls with chopped parsley and scallions.