These green beans are crispy on the outside and tender, but still, have a bit crunch on the inside. Another idea for Thanksgiving dinner side dish.
Crispy Sautéed Green Beans with Pumpkin Seeds, Hemp Seeds & Lemon
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, cleaned and rinsed
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp. breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp. ground Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp. pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1 tbsp. hemp seeds
- lemon zest from one lemon
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
In a deep plate, combine the flour, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, paprika, salt, and pepper.
Dip the green beans in a beaten egg and then in flour mixture.
Sauté breaded green beans (in small batches so you don't crowd them) in heated olive oil until golden and crisp.
Place the cooked beans on a serving plate, top with pumpkin seeds and hemp seeds.
Sprinkle with lemon zest and serve immediately.