Today I have a video recipe for you. This is my first attempt, hence please treat it kindly-)) I would love to hear your thoughts, impressions and what other recipes you would like to see on video. Thank you for visiting Cooking Melangery!
Baked Brie with Wild Mushrooms, Garlic & Fresh Parsley
- 1 cheese brie (I used ILE DE France 13.2 oz.)
- 1 pack of puff pastry, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 lb. (or more if you like a lot) mushrooms (shiitake, baby portobello, oyster mushrooms), sliced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, for glaze
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Heat the olive oil in frying pan over medium high heat. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
On a floured surface, roll out the pastry. Put the brie cheese into the centre, top with cooked mushrooms and bring the edges over to enclose the brie. Place on a baking sheet and gently glaze with beaten egg. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Spoon the extra cooked mushrooms over the baked brie, sprinkle the the fresh parsley and serve warm.