Ever stop to think that it’s always beverage time, always beverage weather? Morning, noon, night, and the hours in between; summer, winter; surrounded by family, entertaining friends, or relaxing along. You can be as festive, as ceremonial, as casual as you please with beverages. Here is my favorite beverage – coffee.
Coffee’s not only the key to a pleasant way to start the day or end it, not only a quick, gratifying pick-me-up on a busy morning or a warm greeting when friends meet-in short, it’s not only a marvelous beverage, but a fascinating flavor, unlike any other flavor in the world.
What’s the key to a really satisfying cup of coffee, one that’s full-bodied and just plain good? The secret of perfect coffee, no matter which method you use, is as simple as this: Fresh coffee, exactly measured; fresh water; a throughly clean coffee maker; immediate service.
Here are a few tips to remember when you make your cup of coffee:
- After you open your paper bag of coffee or vacuum can, best use it up within a week.
- If coffee has gone stale, don’t use it.
- The right-size coffee maker is important: if you are a two-cup family, use a small coffee maker, and save the large one for company.
- Best way to measure your coffee is to use a standard measuring scoop.
- Always brew it just under the boiling point, but never let your coffee boil.
Recipe for the Perfect Cup of Coffee
- 1 scoop of ground coffee for each cup
- milk, cream, honey for serving
- cookies – optional
Pour bowling water into the coffee press and stir with wooden spoon to mix all the coffee grounds throughly.