This recipe is incredibly easy and really tasty!
Pistachio Relish adapted from the James Syhabout recipe.
Pan-fried Yellow Tomatoes with Pistachio Relish
- 1/3 cup salted roasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup very finely chopped shallots
- 2 Tbs small capers, rinsed
- 2 Tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp pink peppercorns, crushed
- 2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Sea salt
- 2 ripe yellow heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- Small basil leaves and alfalfa sprouts, for garnish
In a jar, combine the pistachios with the shallots, capers, vinegar, sugar, pink peppercorns, and the 2 tablespoons of olive oil; season with sea salt. Refrigerate the relish overnight.
The relish can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Cut tomatoes into 1/2-inch-thick slices, and sprinkle tomato slices evenly with salt and pepper.
Heat two tbsp olive oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Place tomato slices in the skillet, and cook 2 minutes on each side, until lightly browned.
Arrange the cooked tomato slices on plates. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Stir the relish and spoon it over the tomatoes. Garnish with basil leaves, alfalfa sprouts, and serve.