I would like to especially thank Whole Foods of Orlando (FL) for organizing an awesome brunch for Food Forum conference participants. It was a great chance to meet families of all bloggers and get to know each other better. The food was amazing – healthy and at the same time sophisticated.
Thank you again!
Quinoa Breakfast Salad Recipe – I think the original recipe did not have cilantro and mint, but I like herbs in my salad, they make my breakfast more tasty and refreshing.
Quinoa Breakfast Salad
- 1 cup regular quinoa or red quinoa
- 2 cups water for cooking quinoa
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 medium papaya, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/3 small bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 small bunch mint, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. honey, real maple syrup, agave nectar - optional sweeteners
- macro greens for serving
Rinse quinoa very well, drain and transfer to a medium pot. Add 2 cups water and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer about 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside. Transfer to a bowl, fluff with a fork and let it cool.
Mix quinoa with fruits, herbs, honey, a pinch of salt, and lemon juice. Top with macro greens and serve immediately.