“In the hands of an able cook fish can become an inexhaustible source of perpetual delight,” wrote Brillat-Savarin.
- 1 lb. skinless boneless salmon filet, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 medium onion, finally chopped
- 1/2 medium head of cauliflower
- 6 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- parsley for serving
- 3-4 hard boiled eggs for serving, slice or cut into wedges
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add carrot, onion, cook until vegetables are soft, about 5-7 minutes. Add cauliflower, bay leaf and broth and bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, about 10 minutes.
Add salmon to soup and simmer until just cooked through, about 5-10 minutes. Add lemon juice and season generously with salt and pepper.
Divide soup between bowls and garnish with parsley and hard boiled egg.