Cakes, Tarts/ Other Desserts

Chocolate Cake with Poached Pears in Red Wine and Happy Birthday to Everyone Who Was Born in the Month of July!

Pears Chocolate Cake 5

I had a desire today to bake something special, not only for my Birthday but for everyone who is celebrating Birthday in July. This is an easily prepared dessert with a sophisticated taste. Warm poached pears coated in a rich red wine sauce on a top of chocolate heaven – who could resist?

Happy Birthday Dear Friends, I wish you all very sweet year!

You Might Also Like

6 Comments

Nami | Just One Cookbook
    July 11, 2012 at 5:12 am

I've had poached pears at a restaurant but never attempted to make one at home. I always admire how lovely they look. The wine makes the pear mysterious yet beautiful rich color…lovely photos as always Yelena!

Yelena
    July 11, 2012 at 5:17 am

Thank you Nami! It is very simple to make, if you have any question, please, I am here-)) You can add any spices you like!

Medeja
    July 11, 2012 at 5:56 am

Oh thank you so the part of this cake is for me too! Awesome cake and the pears look just divine!

Helene
    July 11, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Stunning pictures! Like that you put poached pears on top of the cake.

Anonymous
    July 14, 2012 at 12:41 am

Beautiful photos and what an elegant, stunning cake!! I only wish I was born in July. Lol. I'm a June baby.
    Wonderful post!

MyFudo™
    July 16, 2012 at 1:54 am

This is such a delightful treat to have to celebrate a wonderful year that went by and the next one to come. You never fail to impress us with your unique features and amazing photos.
    Normally we'd never put a shameless plug back to us, but we just launched our new site and we would love for you to be a part of it. We'd be honored to have your submissions.
    We are moving to a new domain http://www.yumgoggle.com, (previously myfudo.com) this has been a project we have been working on for almost a year now. We just launched our new gallery submission site, and we are just thrilled. Unique and interesting bloggers like you will make the Yumgoggle gallery more fun and exciting.
    We’d be proud to have your work as part of our growing collection to continue to have a larger reach and further inspire all fellow food lovers out there! Please sign up and check us out (it's free) http://www.yumgoggle.com/gallery
    We normally would not be posting links to our comments, but we are just thrilled with this new launch, we can't wait to share with you.
    PS: Hope you can participate in our Kitchen Aid Mixer Giveaway to celebrate our new Yumgoggle site
    Thanks! =)